Our Greenways and Extending Our Greenways – Feb 2019 to April 2021.
Following community consultations the Northern Corridor Community Volunteers needed help to kick start community led active travel projects. They needed a body with company status to enter into contracts on their behalf and manage their ambitious active travel projects at a strategic level. To enable this work on behaviour change Cloudberry Communities applied for funding from the National Lottery to provide the staff time and expertise to ensure the project had a sustainable and lasting impact.
Some community successes are highlighted below
- Led rides to Cumbernauld and Glasgow to show people off road routes.
- Led walks demonstrating how walking to access local services can be quicker, more healthy and much cheaper than travelling by car
- Establishment and Launch of a bike library – offering free three week loans to local residents
- Establishment and Launch of an ebike loan scheme for key workers and long distance commuters
- Dr Bike sessions
- Community Engagement around Public Transport Infrastructure
- Community Engagement around the local path network, improved signage and delivery of another loop on the community heritage trail – adding interest for local residents in their daily walks with the potential to attract visitors once restrictions allow.
- Continued lead working on the Synergy Active Travel Partnership